Anxiety is the third most common mental health issue worldwide, and everyone suffers from a headache once in a while. Doctors can prescribe medications to help us fight back, and while it can be useful for some extreme cases, not everyone is going to benefit from medications.
There are natural ways to combat anxiety and headaches. The most delicious way is easily this lavender lemonade.
Flavoring your lemonade with lavender is a great way to utilize the amazing medicinal properties of lavender. Lavender is a wonderfully aromatic herb that calms the senses.
You can choose to use the oil of lavender or the flower whichever you feel is more suitable for your health and well-being.
Pure lavender oil is an incredible essential oil to use for your own health and wellness. It’s among the gentlest of essential oils, but also one of the most powerful, making it a favorite of households for the healing properties and uses of lavender essential oil.
Benefits of Lavender Oil
Lavender oil has a chemically complex structure with over 150 active constituents, which explains its effectiveness at helping with a lot of health ailments. Lavender oil possesses amazing anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antispasmodic, analgesic, detoxifier, hypotensive, and sedative properties.
Lavender oil possesses amazing properties:
- Sedative properties
Florida researchers have found that lavender oil benefits include reducing anxiety and lowering pulse rates in nursing students taking stressful tests. And in hospital settings, lavender aromatherapy has been demonstrated to decrease pre-surgery distress and to be more relaxing than massage or merely resting.
The lavender essential oil has medicinal properties as well. It has been shown to reduce depression, improve insomnia and ease labor pains. And anecdotal evidence suggests that lavender oil benefits those with headaches, hangovers, sinus congestion, and pain relief.
- 1 cup raw honey
- 5 cups pure water
- 1/4 cup dried lavender. dried, organic culinary lavender
- 6 lemons, peeled and juiced approx.
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
- Pour 1/2 the water in a pan, bring to boil and remove from heat
- Add honey and dried lavender let steep for approximately 20 minutes.
- Strain mixture and pour into larger container.
- Add lemon juice and the remaining water. Stir well.
Other Ways You Can Use Lavender for Anxiety and Headaches
- Mix 5 to 6 drops of Lavender essential oil to your bath water if you have dry skin.
- Diffuse 10 to 12 drops of Lavender into the air during your workday for natural stress relief.
- Add 2 drops of Lavender per ounce of your favorite lightly scented, unrefined organic oil (like almond oil or olive oil) for a body oil with all the benefits of lavender for improving your skin, relaxing your mind, warding off insects or helping you sleep.
Original photo credit: https://www.allfoodsrecipes.com/lavender-lemonade/